Blogging has become like toilet paper for the business industry, no matter how hold you are, you need to have one. It’s becoming increasingly more popular to have your own blog… be it for personal reasons or business (to make money).
Just hearing the word “blog” sounds like a big deal to people and they get thrown off with great ease but its probably one of the easiest things to do and after you read this step by step you’ll probably be kicking yourself to why you didn’t create one before but hey they say its better late than never right? This could be something you teach your friends and family and they’ll be praising you forever.
1) First things first, log onto WordPress.com and on the “Get Started Here” tab. This is going to link you to another page which will guide you through the blog creating phase.
2) The second step might take a lot of time for you. In case you are opting for a free blog, then your blog’s name will be attached with .Wordpress.com. Moreover, in case the name has already been taken, the website is going to let you know and you will have to keep changing the name until you find the one which does not only suit you, but is also not taken by anyone else.
3) After this, you need to write a username for your blog. Choose a unique username and type down a password twice.
4) Now you will be asked to enter your e-mail address so that they can send you e-mails regarding updates and news for WordPress. Moreover, the confirmation e-mails are also going to be received on the address you are going to provide them with.
5) Next up, you need to select the blog’s language.
6) Once you are done, click on “Create Blog”.
7) Log on to your e-mail ID which you provided to WordPress.com and check for an e-mail from the blogging website.
8) Open the e-mail and look for an activation link inside it.
9) Click on the link and it is going to direct you to a new page which is going to link you to WordPress.com.
10) Enter the log in and password for the blog which you entered back in the third step.
11) Once you have entered the password, you will be directed to a page where you will have several options.
12) Explore these options and start blogging. You can publish a post by clicking on “Post” and then “Add new post”.